Senior Web Analytics Engineer
Empirical Path seeks a remote, full-time Senior Analytics Consultant with strong analytical and client service skills to support our clients nationwide and our offices in Atlanta, GA; Albuquerque, NM; and Washington, DC. Our founding partners seek to invest in the development of an entrepreneurial Specialist into a client engagement leader and partner in the business. This position will be 1099 initially with the possibility of converting to regular, full-time status. Federal government contracting and DC Metro location a plus, but not required.
Empirical Path consultants are “Analytics Experts for your Digital Business”. We are a digital measurement consultancy, serving hundreds of commercial, government, not-for-profit and ad agency clients since 2002. We have grown 50% per year as a Certified Partner of Google for products like Analytics 360, Tag Manager, Optimize and BigQuery. We are also a partner of Adobe, Tealium, Segment, Parse.ly and Mixpanel.
The Senior Analytics Consultant is responsible for implementing and enhancing tag management, web analytics and split testing tools to help our clients understand their audiences, enhance their digital user experience, optimize their marketing spend, and increase their online conversions. The Senior Analytics Consultant will assist multiple engagements at all stages, including:
- Understanding client needs
- Auditing web analytics implementations and recommending improvements
- Planning and executing implementations of web analytics tools
- Designing web analytics reports, visualizations, and dashboards
- Implementing A/B split testing code and experiments
- Identifying opportunities to capture additional user behavior data
Required Skills and Experience
- Google Analytics Certification with deep experience implementing and customizing GA.
- Strong client-facing experience.
- Experience customizing Google Tag Manager; Tealium, Segment.io, Adobe Dynamic Tag Manager, or other Tag Management Systems are also desired
- Deep understanding of website Domain Object Model.
- General understanding of online marketing channels including PPC, SEO, display ads, social media, email, partnerships, etc.
- Comfort with G Suite and Microsoft Office applications, especially PowerPoint and Excel.
- A dedicated, quiet work area with phone and high-speed web connectivity.
- Availability during four continuous hours of your choice from 8 a.m. ET to 8 p.m. ET.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
Desired Skills and Experience
- College degree or MBA.
- Additional web analytics certification or other training.
- Experience working in an agile environment.
- GitHub and ZenHub experience.
- Preferred experience with web analytics related APIs (Google Analytics, Mixpanel, Adobe SiteCatalyst, Adobe Data Warehouse)
- Experience with database systems (SQL or NO SQL based), data modeling and ETL tools and data warehousing solutions (BigQuery, PostgreSQL, AWS Redshift).
- Experience implementing split testing code and building experiment variations (using Google Experiments, Optimizely, Visual Website Optimizer, Adobe Target, etc.).
- Experience integrating web analytics metrics and dimensions with marketing automation and CRM systems (such as Salesforce.com, Marketo, HubSpot, Pardot, etc.).
- Demonstrable written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Desire to develop consulting and business skills in order to grow a venture.
About Empirical Path
100% Remote Workforce (work anywhere!)
Annual Conference to meet up with the whole team (last year we were at Austin’s Digital Summit)
Healthcare plus Vision and Dental
401(k) plus Company Match
20 days PTO plus 10 government holidays
Subsidized coworking space
Please note: U.S. Citizenship required.
Please apply through this posting or send a cover letter and resume to:
We will be in contact should there be a potential match with the knowledge, skills and experience requirements of the position.