We’re Looking for a Junior Digital Analyst
Empirical Path seeks a full-time or part-time Junior Digital Analyst with strong analytical and writing skills, and developing client service and marketing skills, to support our offices in Atlanta, GA; Albuquerque, NM; Austin, TX and Washington, DC. Remote candidates in the U.S. are more than welcome.
Empirical Path is a web analytics consultancy that has served dozens of media, technOlogy, ecommerce, not-for-profit, ad agency and other clients since 2002. We are experiencing rapid growth as a Certified Partner of Google for a number of products including Google Analytics 360 and Google BigQuery. We are also a partner of Parse.ly, Klipfolio and Mixpanel.
The Junior Digital Analyst is responsible for learning from and supporting our consultants as they help clients understand their audiences, enhance their digital user experience, and increase their online conversions. The Specialist will assist multiple engagements at all stages, including:
- Understanding client needs
- Drafting proposals, timelines, and budgets
- Creating Key Performance Indicators
- Configuring data sources to share data with web analytics and business intelligence tools
- Developing and interpreting reports in web analytics and business intelligence tools
- Building dashboards in web analytics and business intelligence tools
- Finding and communicating actionable trends and segments
- Articulating data-driven recommendations
- Answering ad hoc questions
- Identifying opportunities to capture additional user behavior data
- Assist in firm sales and marketing by coordinating proposals, writing case studies and blog posts
- Minimum 1 years of experience creating reports and dashboards with Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Webtrends, Mixpanel, Parse.ly and other web analytics software.
- Understanding of online marketing channels including PPC, SEO, affiliate programs, social media, email, partnerships, etc.
- Excellent written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint, and Google Drive equivalents.
- A dedicated, quiet work area with phone and high-speed web connectivity.
- Availability during 4-8 continuous hours of your choice from 8 a.m. ET to 8 p.m. ET.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- College degree or MBA.
- Web analytics certification or other training.
- Experience with data visualization tools (such as DOMO, Klipfolio, Tableau, Power BI, Looker, Periscope, Cyfe)
- Experience querying and analyzing data from large databases (such as Google Cloud SQL, Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift).
- Proficiency with SQL (MySQL, MSSQL Server, PostgreSQL) to query and analyze data from Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, other
- Experience importing analytics and other data via APIs into spreadsheets (via R, Python, AppScript, SuperMetrics)
- Some experience with R, Python for data collection (from API’s or databases), analysis, visualization and reporting or dashboards
- Basic familiarity with Google Tag Manager, Tealium, Adobe Dynamic Tag Manager, Segment or other Tag Management Systems.
- Understanding of website design, development and publishing.,
Ready to be an Junior Digital Analyst?
Please submit your information via form below or send a cover letter (required) explaining your interest in the position along with a resume to:
peter (dot) howley (at) empiricalpath (dot) com.