We’re Looking for a Junior Analytics Consultant
Empirical Path seeks a full-time or part-time Junior Analytics Consultant with strong programming skills and developing analytical and client service skills to support our offices in Atlanta, GA; Albuquerque, NM and Washington, DC. Remote candidates in the U.S. are more than welcome.
Empirical Path is a web analytics consultancy that has served dozens of media, technology, ecommerce, not-for-profit, ad agency and other clients since 2002. We are experiencing rapid growth as a Certified Partner of Google for a number of products including Google Analytics Premium and Google BigQuery. We are also a partner of Webtrends, Klipfolio and Mixpanel.
The Junior Analytics Consultant is responsible for learning from and supporting our consultants as they implement and enhance web and app analytics and tag management tools and scripts to help clients understand their audiences, enhance their digital user experience, and increase their online conversions. The Junior Analytics Consultant will assist multiple engagements at all stages:
- Understanding client needs
- Planning and executing implementations of web and app analytics and tag management tools
- Auditing web and app analytics and tag management tool implementations and recommending improvements
- Planning and executing enhancements to web and app analytics and tag management tools and processes
- Designing web and app analytics reports, visualizations, and dashboards
- Implementing A/B split testing code and experiments
- Identifying opportunities to capture additional user behavior data
- Drafting proposals, timelines, and budgets
- Desire to learn to implement Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Webtrends, Mixpanel, Parse.ly and other web analytics software
- Strong understanding of website design, development and publishing
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint, and Google Drive equivalents
- A dedicated, quiet work area with phone and high-speed web connectivity
- Availability during 4-8 continuous hours of your choice from 8 a.m. ET to 8 p.m. ET
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Experience implementing and customizing Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Webtrends, Mixpanel, Parse.ly and other web analytics software
- Experience with server-side (PHP/MySQL or similar), database administration and scripting
- Experience with Google Tag Manager, Tealium, Adobe Dynamic Tag Manager, Segment.io and other Tag Management Systems
- Experience with split testing tools such as GA Content Experiments, Visual Website Optimizer, Optimizely, etc
- General understanding of online marketing channels including PPC, SEO, affiliate programs, social media, email, partnerships, etc
- College degree or MBA
- Web analytics certification or other training
- Proven written and verbal communication and presentation skills
Ready to be an Junior Analytics Consultant?
Please submit your information via form below or send a cover letter (required) explaining your interest in the position along with a resume to: Peter Howley, peter (dot) howley (at) empiricalpath (dot) com.