Empirical Path seeks a remote, contract Data Engineering Consultant with strong data engineering, analytical, and client service skills to support our clients nationwide and our offices in Atlanta, GA; Albuquerque, NM; and Washington, DC.
Empirical Path are “Analytics Experts for your Digital Business”, a digital measurement consultancy that has served hundreds of commercial, government, not-for-profit and ad agency clients since 2002. We have grown 50% per year as a Certified Partner of Google for products like BigQuery, Data Studio, Analytics 360, and Tag Manager. We are also a partner of FiveTran, Klipfolio, Adobe, Tealium, Segment, and mParticle.
The Data Engineering Consultant is responsible for designing and building data pipelines to help our clients understand their audiences, enhance their digital user experience, optimize their marketing spend, and increase their online conversions. The Consultant will assist multiple engagements at all stages. Consultant will be exposed to Google Cloud Platform including Dataflow and BigQuery and so the ideal candidate will have a strong big data technology foundation and bring a passion to learn new technologies, with preference to candidates who possess the Google Certified Professional Data Engineer qualification.
- Work with gigabytes/terabytes of data and must understand the challenges of transforming and enriching such large datasets.
- Investigate, recommend and implement data ingestion and ETL performance improvements.
- Read, extract, transform, stage and load data to multiple targets and provide client documentation.
- Migrate existing data processing from standalone or legacy technology scripts.
- Lead the efforts in building end-to-end streaming and batch data analytics pipelines, from data ingestion, processing, storage and analysis. Understand big-data principles and best practices.
- Design architectures, publish reference code and establish data structure design based on business requirements. Plan on hands-on.
- Uncover and recommend remediations for data quality anomalies.
- Document data ingestion and ETL program designs, present findings, conduct peer code reviews.
- Develop and execute test plans to validate code.
- Draft proposals, timelines, and budgets.
- Fundamental knowledge of Big Data analytics concepts with an ability to assist in the assessment, evaluation and articulation of end-user data management needs.
- Strong understanding of core cloud concepts and client use cases for leveraging various cloud services to automate and solve analytical problems.
- Expertise in the programmatic approach to batch and/or streaming ETL pipelines with a strong emphasis on Google Cloud Platform services (Cloud Storage, Compute Engine, Cloud Pub/Sub Dataflow, Data Fusion, BigQuery).
- Ability to configure data structure schema needs according to client uses cases and business problems.
- Experience in the implementation and management of automated jobs to collect, aggregate, and join datasets from various sources to unveil business insight.
- Experience with Python.
- Experience importing analytics and other data via APIs into spreadsheets (via AppScript, SuperMetrics, Excellent Analytics, etc.) and database and data warehouse platforms (such as Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift).
- Experience with server-side (PHP/MySQL or similar), database administration and scripting.
- Knowledge of how to create and set up any Virtual Machines or Instances (Google Compute Engine, AWS EC2) to host and automate any data ETL code.
- Experience creating error monitoring framework via notifications in Slack channel or Sentry dashboard.
- Knowledge of ETL tools like Fivetran and Stitch and ability to recommend if and when to use these tools as part of a client solution.
- General understanding of online marketing channels including PPC, SEO, display ads, social media, email, partnerships, etc. and CRM platforms like Pardot and Hubspot.
- Desire to develop consulting and business skills in order to grow a venture.
Excellent written and verbal communication skills for coordination across projects and teams.
- College degree or MBA.
- Web analytics certification or other training.
- Experience working in agency or consultancy.
- Working Knowledge of BI & visualization tools like Google Data Studio, Power-BI, Looker, or Domo is a plus.
Please send a cover letter (required) explaining your interest in the position along with a resume to:
hr (at) empiricalpath (dot) com