Empirical Path seeks a full-time or part-time Cloud Data Practice Lead with excellent client service, project management, and communication skills; extensive cloud-based data warehousing and analysis skills; and solid web analytics implementation and reporting skills to build a Cloud Data Practice and lead analytics consulting engagements with colleagues in our offices in Atlanta, GA; Albuquerque, NM; and Washington, DC. Remote candidates in the U.S. are more than welcome.
Empirical Path are “Analytics Experts for your Digital Business”, a digital measurement consultancy that has served hundreds of commercial, government, not-for-profit and ad agency clients since 2002. We have grown 50% per year as a Certified Partner of Google Marketing Platform and Google Cloud Platform for products like BigQuery, Analytics 360, Tag Manager, and Optimize. We are also a partner of Adobe, Tealium, Segment, Parse.ly and Mixpanel.
The Cloud Data Practice Lead is primarily responsible for owning and driving the practice forward, including offerings, partnerships, collateral, sales support, recruiting and delivery, then leading its growth. He or she will secondarily lead and support consulting engagements to help clients understand their audiences, enhance their digital user experience, and increase their online conversions. Finally, the Practice Lead will develop additional business from current and new clients and assist in marketing the firm. The Practice Lead will deliver services personally and by project-managing remote, specialized colleagues and contractors for multiple engagements at all stages, including:
- Develop the firm’s Cloud Data Practice services, go-to-market approach, alliances, talent and best practices
- Lead the Cloud Data Practice by evolving offerings, partnerships, collateral, sales support, recruiting and delivery and leading or advising client engagements
- Create marketing materials such as blog posts, case studies, white papers and videos
- Assist in other firm-building efforts such as website maintenance, SEM, recruiting, new partnerships, marketing, etc.
- Develop additional business from current and new clients
- Manage client relationships and understand client needs
- Draft proposals, timelines, and budgets
- Plan and direct audits and implementations of web analytics and cloud data tools
- Identify opportunities to capture and analyze additional user behavior data
- Plan and direct enhancements to web analytics and cloud data tools and processes
- Create Key Performance Indicators
- Plan and direct integration of data sources with web analytics and business intelligence tools
- Design web analytics and cloud data reports, visualizations, and dashboards
- Find and communicate actionable trends and segments
- Articulate data-driven recommendations
- Answer ad hoc questions
- Five or more years of experience in consulting, agency or other client service businesses.
- Hands-on experience on cloud platforms like Amazon Web Services (EC2, Glue, Athena, RDS, Redshift etc.), Google Cloud Platform (BigQuery, Cloud SQL etc.), Snowflake, MS Azure (ADF, Azure SQL etc.).
- Experience on working with REST and SOAP APIs.
- Knowledge of frameworks and libraries like Pandas, Numpy, SQLAlchemy, Spark etc.
- Understanding of online marketing channels including PPC, SEO, affiliate programs, social media, email, partnerships, etc.
- Understanding of website design, development and publishing.
- Proven written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- A dedicated, quiet work area with phone and high-speed web connectivity.
- Availability during 4-8 continuous hours of your choice from 8 a.m. ET to 8 p.m. ET. and to travel 4-6 times per year.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a remote team.
- College degree or MBA.
- Web analytics certification or other training.
- Minimum 2 years of experience creating reports and dashboards with Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Webtrends, Mixpanel, Parse.ly and other web and app analytics software.
- Minimum 2 years of experience implementing and customizing web and app analytics software.
- Minimum 1 years of experience with Google Tag Manager, Tealium, Adobe Dynamic Tag Manager, Segment or other Tag Management Systems.
- Experience with split testing tools such as Google Optimize, Adobe Target, Visual Website Optimizer, Optimizely, etc.
- SQL proficiency required; BigQuery experience preferred.
- Experience in reporting on analytics and other data via APIs using spreadsheets (via AppScript, SuperMetrics, etc.), visualization tools (such as Klipfolio, Tableau, Cyfe, Logi Analytics, QlikView, etc.), and database and data warehouse platforms (such as Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, etc.).
Please send a cover letter (required) explaining your interest in the position along with a resume to:
hr (at) empiricalpath (dot) com