Empirical Path is excited to join the launch of Google’s free tag management tool as one of the only Google Tag Manager partner companies.
UPDATE: here’s how GTM now automatically tracks Google Analytics events such as exit links, form submissions, and time spent.
Businesses demand more sophisticated levels of tracking on websites and mobile apps, so tag management tools have gained popularity by offering a quicker and easier way to deliver on complex tagging requirements. Google Tag Manager frees I.T. departments from the burden of managing complex analytics tags and let marketers quickly configure Google Analytics and other tags. Here’s a 4-minute video as overview:
As Google Analytics told us during certification:
“Google Tag Manager is a free tool that consolidates your website tags with a single snippet of code and lets you manage everything from a web interface. You can add and update your own tags, with just a few clicks, whenever you want, without bugging the IT folks or rewriting site code. It gives marketers greater flexibility, and lets webmasters focus on other important tasks.
Key Benefits of Google Tag Manager
- Run campaigns on your schedule, without being gated by I.T.
- Adopt new marketing tools quickly
- Have confidence in your data
- Intuitive and easy to use
- Supports all Google and 3rd party tracking and marketing tags
- Accurate and dependable data
- Reliable and fast”
The certification process consisted of demonstrating an advanced understanding of Google Tag Manager by migrating a currently tagged sample site to being managed by GTM. During the certification process, Empirical Path consultants found some specific capabilities that we know we’ll use for clients:
- Consolidate all of your tagging in one place
- Set rules such as having a re-marketing tag fire on an “add to cart” action
- Enable Google and non-Google marketing and measurement tags
- Support multiple accounts, so agencies can manage several analytics and marketing campaigns in one place
how we can help you.