Empirical Path seeks a full-time or part-time Business Development Lead with excellent prospecting and relationship-building skills; solid scoping and negotiating skills; and understanding of digital marketing and measurement services to professionalize our sales process and win new business for our offices in Atlanta, GA; Albuquerque, NM; and Washington, DC. Remote candidates in the U.S. are more than welcome.
Empirical Path is a web analytics consultancy that has served hundreds of media, technology, eCommerce, not-for-profit, ad agency and other clients since 2002. We are experiencing rapid growth as a Certified Partner of Google for a number of products including Analytics 360 and BigQuery. We are also a partner of Tealium, Segment, Klipfolio, Webtrends, Parse.ly and Mixpanel.
The Business Development Lead is primarily responsible for identifying and closing potential consulting engagements, including Analytics 360 engagements, to help clients understand their audiences, enhance their digital user experience, and increase their online conversions. He or she will secondarily improve the firm’s business development processes, assist account managers in renewing their clients, and contribute to firm marketing. The Business Development Lead will lead new business efforts, including:
- Identifying target markets and accounts
- Contributing to definition and marketing of offerings
- Contacting target accounts
- Handling inbound inquiries
- Understanding prospective clients’ needs
- Drafting proposals, timelines, and budgets
- Closing new business
- Minimum 5 years of experience selling digital marketing services or software.
- Understanding of web analytics including dashboards, reports, tag management and digital marketing pixels via tools like Google Analytics 360, Adobe Analytics, Google Tag Manager, Tealium, Segment, Data Studio, DOMO and Tableau.
- Understanding of online marketing channels including PPC, SEO, affiliate programs, social media, email, partnerships, etc.
- Understanding of website design, development and publishing.
- Proven written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint, and/or Google Drive equivalents.
- A dedicated, quiet work area with phone and high-speed web connectivity.
- Availability during 4-8 continuous hours of your choice from 8 a.m. ET to 8 p.m. ET. and to travel 6-8 times per year.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a remote team.
- College degree or MBA.
- Web analytics certification or other training.
- Minimum 1 year of experience selling digital analytics services or software.
Please send a cover letter (required) explaining your interest in the position along with a resume to: hr (at) empiricalpath (dot) com
how we can help you.