Empirical Path seeks a rising Junior or Senior undergraduate with developing analytical and client service skills to support our offices in Atlanta, GA; Austin, TX; Albuquerque, NM and Chesapeake, VA. The Analytics Intern is a paid position and will work remotely for 8-16 hours per week and may occasionally meet in-person with one of our Analytics Account Managers. This internship will begin Spring 2018, with the potential to extend to Summer and Fall 2018.
Empirical Path is a web analytics consultancy that has served dozens of media, technology, ecommerce, not-for-profit, ad agency and other clients since 2002. We are experiencing rapid growth as a Certified Partner of Google for a number of products including Google Analytics 360, Optimize and BigQuery. We are also a partner of Parse.ly, Klipfolio and Mixpanel.
The Analytics Intern is responsible for learning from and supporting our consultants as they implement and enhance web and app analytics and tag management tools and scripts to help clients understand their audiences, enhance their digital user experience, and increase their online conversions. The Analytics Intern will support the Empirical Path team during multiple stages of the engagement, including:
- Attending client discovery calls to record needs and identify opportunities of improvement
- Executing implementations of web and app analytics and tag management tools
- Auditing web and app analytics and tag management tool implementations and recommending improvements
- Designing web and app analytics reports, visualizations, and dashboards
- Summarizing trends and other insights for clients on a monthly and as-needed basis
- Identifying opportunities to capture additional user behavior data
- General understanding of online marketing channels including PPC, SEO, affiliate programs, social media, email, partnerships, etc.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint, and Google Drive equivalents.
- A dedicated, quiet work area with phone and high-speed web connectivity.
- Availability during 2-3 continuous hours of your choice from 8 a.m. ET to 8 p.m. ET.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Desire to learn to implement Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Webtrends, Mixpanel, Parse.ly and other web analytics software.
- Web analytics certification or other digital marketing training.
- Proven written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
Please send a cover letter (required) explaining your interest in the position along with a resume to:
hr (at) empiricalpath (dot) com