Empirical Path seeks a junior, full-time or part-time Account Manager with only one or two years of experience; strong client service, project management, and communication skills; broad web analytics implementation and reporting skills; and basic development and data science skills to lead analytics consulting engagements with colleagues in our offices in Atlanta, GA; Albuquerque, NM and Washington, DC. Remote candidates in the U.S. are more than welcome.
Empirical Path is a web analytics consultancy that has served dozens of media, technology, ecommerce, not-for-profit, ad agency and other clients since 2002. We are experiencing rapid growth as a Certified Partner of Google for a number of products including Google Analytics Premium and Google BigQuery. We are also a partner of Tealium, Segment, Klipfolio, Webtrends, Parse.ly and Mixpanel.
The Account Manager is primarily responsible for leading current consulting engagements to help clients understand their audiences, enhance their digital user experience, and increase their online conversions. He or she will secondarily develop additional business from current and new clients and assist in marketing the firm. The Account Manager will deliver services personally and via specialized colleagues for multiple engagements at all stages, including:
- Managing client relationships
- Understanding client needs
- Drafting proposals, timelines, and budgets
- Planning and directing audits and implementations of web analytics tools
- Identifying opportunities to capture additional user behavior data
- Planning and directing enhancements to web analytics tools and processes
- Implementing A/B split testing code and experiments
- Creating Key Performance Indicators
- Planning and directing integration of data sources with web analytics and business intelligence tools
- Designing web analytics reports, visualizations, and dashboards
- Finding and communicating actionable trends and segments
- Articulating data-driven recommendations
- Answering ad hoc questions
- One to two years of experience creating reports and dashboards with Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Webtrends, Mixpanel, Parse.ly and other web analytics software.
- Understanding of online marketing channels including PPC, SEO, affiliate programs, social media, email, partnerships, etc.
- Understanding of website design, development and publishing.
- Proven written and verbal communication and presentation skills.
- Experience with Microsoft Office applications, especially Excel and PowerPoint, and Google Drive equivalents.
- A dedicated, quiet work area with phone and high-speed web connectivity.
- Availability during 4-8 continuous hours of your choice from 8 a.m. ET to 8 p.m. ET. and to travel 4-6 times per year.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- College degree or MBA.
- Web analytics certification or other training.
- Experience implementing and customizing Google Analytics, Adobe Analytics, Webtrends, Mixpanel, Parse.ly and other web analytics software.
- Familiarity with Google Tag Manager, Tealium, Adobe Dynamic Tag Manager, Segment or other Tag Management Systems.
- Experience reporting on analytics and other data via APIs using spreadsheets (via AppScript, SuperMetrics, etc.), visualization tools (such as Klipfolio, Tableau, Cyfe, Logi Analytics, QlikView, etc.), and database and data warehouse platforms (such as Google BigQuery, Amazon Redshift, etc.).
- Experience with split testing tools such as Google Optimize, Adobe Target, Visual Website Optimizer, Optimizely, etc.
Please send a cover letter (required) explaining your interest in the position along with a resume to:
peter (dot) howley (at) empiricalpath (dot) com